OCTOBER Self Discovery JOURNAL PROMPTS.
JOIN THE REFLECT & RESET COMMUNITY TO FEEL HAPPY, REFRESHED & BALANCED EVERY SUNDAY.
disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. ReallyRushai may receive commission if you make a purchase through a link. read the full disclosure policy for more information. all prices and sales are accurate at time of posting
be authentically you with Self Discovery Journal Prompts
Self discovery often means asking yourself deep questions to get to know yourself better. These 15 self discovery journal prompts are a great way to get started. Discover who you are, and what makes you, you.
Self discovery can mean taking a look at your habits and routines and changing them if necessary. It can also mean taking a look back into our childhoods to see what has made us into the person we are today.
Reconnect with yourself by exploring your true emotions and feelings. Taking the time to check in with yourself through journaling to help ease the stress and worry of everyday life. Release tension and overwhelm for a better you.
Journaling your self discovery journey is a great form of self reflection for personal growth. Spend time thinking about your answers to these journal prompts.
Afterwards, take time to reflect on your answers, and be more mindful about the choices you are making in your life. Make sure your choices and actions align with you are are authentically.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOURNAL DAILY
- Self reflection – learn more about yourself by expressing things that are important to you and make you, you.
- Helps to reduce stress and anxiety
- Boosts your mental health – Free your mind. Take all those thoughts big and little and free them from your head by writing them down.
- Increases creativity and dreams – the world is your dream to create into reality. Journaling your goals and accomplishments, dreams and fears is a great way to take a look at who you are and what’s important to you.
- Great way to process emotions -The simple act of writing our thoughts and feelings down can greatly help with keeping a positive outlook on life. Freeing all of those overwhelming feelings from your head to free up space for more happy, positive thoughts.
REFLECT & RESET SUNDAY:
Sunday is the perfect day of the week to reflect on the week past and prepare for the week ahead.
My favourite way to reflect and reset for the week is by journaling. Every week there will be a new journal prompt blog post aimed at helping you be your best self.
Check back every week for a new post relating to self-discovery and self-love through journaling.
- Confidence Journal Prompts: November Reflect & Reset Sunday
- Find Your Purpose: October Reflect & Reset Sunday
- Gratitude Journal Prompts: October Reflect & Reset Sunday
- Healing Journal Prompts: October Reflect & Reset Sunday
FINDING THE TIME TO JOURNAL
Create a schedule for when you would like to journal and for how long. Ideally, one would aim to journal everyday, but sometimes life does get hectic.
Pick a specific time of the day when you know you will be able to take some down time, and really focus on journaling. Make it a habit and watch how it improves your life!
Grab your journal & let’s begin,
15 Self Discovery Journal Prompts
1. What is keeping your from living your dream life?
2. Describe who you want to be in 10 years.
3. What are 10 things that you should appreciate more & why.
4. Do you surround yourself with people who uplift you?
5. What part of your day to day life can you change to achieve the life you desire?
6. Write down how you are feeling right now.
7. Why do you want to improve your life?
8. If you could offer your childhood self one piece of advice, what would it be?
9. Do you have any regrets? Why or why not?
10. List 5 of your morals and values. Why are they important?
11. Name someone who inspires you and why.
12. What have you accomplished this part year that you are proud of?
13. How do you show love to others?
14. What was the toughest lesson you’ve had to learn this year? What made it tough?
15. List 10 reasons why you are beautiful.
15 Self Discovery Journal Prompts
“The greatest discovery in life is self-discovery. Until you find yourself, you will always be someone else. Become yourself.“–Myles Munroe