SEPTEMBER positive body image JOURNAL PROMPTS.
JOIN THE REFLECT & RESET COMMUNITY TO FEEL HAPPY, REFRESHED & BALANCED EVERY SUNDAY.
disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. ReallyRushai may receive commission if you make a purchase through a link. read the full disclosure policy for more information. all prices and sales are accurate at time of posting
You are beautiful inside and out. Free your mind from any negative thoughts that you may have created about your body.
I’ve created these positive body image journal prompts to help you work through and overcome body image issues. Journaling can help guide you though your self-love journey. Learning to love oneself fully means caring about the mental and physical parts that make you who you are.
Journaling about body image can help you to come to terms with certain aspects of your beautiful body and learn to love your body as a whole. You are beautiful inside and out.
In this day and age social media had greatly influenced how one sees ones own body. Everywhere you look there are models with perfectly sculpted bodies and faces. Sometimes it can leave us feeling a little.. less than. But the goal here is to be so self confident in your own skin that these “beautifully sculpted” people don’t ever put a dent in your shine.
What is body image?
Body image is basically how you see yourself in your own body. Also, how you feel about your body as a whole. Your unique body shape, size, height, colour. Body image relates to how you think about your body and the beliefs that you have created for your body.
REFLECT & RESET SUNDAY:
Sunday is the perfect day of the week to reflect on the week past and prepare for the week ahead.
My favourite way to reflect and reset for the week is by journaling. Every week there will be a new journal prompt blog post aimed at helping you be your best self.
Check back every week for a new post relating to self-discovery and self-love through journaling.
- Stress Relief Journal Prompts: September Reflect & Reset Sunday
- Self-Love Journal Prompts: September Reflect & Reset Sunday
- Self Reflection Journal Prompts: November Reflect & Reset Sunday
- Self Discovery Journal Prompts: October Reflect & Reset Sunday
WHY YOU SHOULD JOURNAL DAILY
- Self reflection – learn more about yourself by expressing things that are important to you and make you, you.
- Helps to reduce stress and anxiety
- Boosts your mental health – Free your mind. Take all those thoughts big and little and free them from your head by writing them down.
- Increases creativity and dreams – the world is your dream to create into reality. Journaling your goals and accomplishments, dreams and fears is a great way to take a look at who you are and what’s important to you.
- Great way to process emotions -The simple act of writing our thoughts and feelings down can greatly help with keeping a positive outlook on life. Freeing all of those overwhelming feelings from your head to free up space for more happy, positive thoughts.
FINDING THE TIME TO JOURNAL
Create a schedule for when you would like to journal and for how long. Ideally, one would aim to journal everyday, but sometimes life does get hectic.
Pick a specific time of the day when you know you will be able to take some down time, and really focus on journaling. Make it a habit and watch how it improves your life!
Grab your journal & let’s begin,
15 positive body image journal prompts
1. List 10 things that you love about your body.
2. What body image issues are you struggling with right now?
3. Stand naked in front of a mirror, take a moment to watch yourself and try to familiarize yourself with the way you look. Journal how you felt afterward.
4. Write about the first time you felt insecure about your body and why?
5. What can you do to pamper your body daily?
6. How do you want to feel in your body?
7. Write a list of 15 reasons why you are beautiful.
8. How does not putting on makeup feel?
9. How can you relieve any negative body image thoughts when you feel them?
10. Write down 5 body positive affirmations or mantras that remind you of all the beautiful parts about yourself.
11. Do you wish for your body to change? Why or why not?
12. What does a positive body image mean to you?
13. How can you be kinder to your body on a daily basis?
14. Do you feel like people treat you differently because of your body? How does that make you feel?
15. Write about a time when you felt truly comfortable in your own skin.
ALWAYS BE KIND TO YOURSELF
Remember, there is only one of you, so try your absolute best to take care of yourself. If you haven’t already, start journaling today & watch how it improves your life.